This half day course is an introductory three hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health
- Confidence to interact with someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Insight into the two day course and the benefits of becoming a Mental Health First Aider
MHFA England value this course at £125 per person. However I am able to offer at discounted rates. Please see the upcoming course dates section for details, or contact me for a quote for training delivered in house at your organisation
What to expect
We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session you’ll get an email certificate to say you are MHFA Aware.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
The session covers:
- What is mental health?
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
- Mental health continuum
- Stress vulnerability and stress container
- Thinking distortions
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Supporting people in distress
- Take Ten Together toolkit
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics